For those who like a bit of competition, there will be fantastic prize incentives for the highest fundraisers ... Stay tuned for details fo the great prizes on offer!
Some simple steps to get your fundraising off the ground:
2. Spread the Word
- First and most importantly, register yourself and set up your online fundraising page
- Online Fundraisers: email your fundraising page link to your family, friends, loved ones, workmates, network and supporters and ask them to sponsor your Walk.
- Offline Fundraisers: bring your sponsor forms into work, take them to family events and ask people to sponsor you.
- If your workmates, employer, social or sporting group supported you, why not present them with a certificate and message of thanks so they can share in your achievement? Download your personalised Parkinson’s WA 2013 Unity Walk Certificate of Appreciation here.
- People generally need three reminders before they take action and donate to your cause – keep up the reminders.
- Online Fundraisers: Personalise your page with photos and updates on how the fundraising's going. People want to be a part of your journey and watch the progress you're making.
- Offline Fundraisers: Keep your networks informed of how you're doing.
- Ask your employer for matching gifts.
- Take sponsor forms into work/email your fundraising link around the office.
6. Birthday coming up?
- Rather than buying gifts for special occasions, ask family and friends to sponsor your walk.
7. Still lacking inspiration?
- Our Community Engagement & Marketing Coordinator is on hand to discuss more fundraising ideas and guide you through any technical queries you may have regarding your online fundraising page. Contact Lucy on (08) 9346 7373 or firstname.lastname@example.org
**Fundraisers have two weeks after the event to finalise sponsorship money for the Parkinson’s WA 2013 Unity Walk. All monies must be donated online or given to the Parkinson’s WA office by 4pm on Friday 27th September 2013. Prize winners will be notified after this time.
Why fundraise? How will the funds raised be used?
All monies raised will go towards providing vital care and support services for people living with Parkinson’s, their family carers and loved ones. It will also be used to fund ongoing research into the Parkinson’s condition. Parkinson’s WA relies heavily on the generosity of donors and volunteers for our day-to-day client services and operations.
The level of support that Parkinson’s WA can offer people with Parkinson’s and their families very much depends on our Walk participants actively fundraising. The entry fee simply covers the cost of staging the event.